Fathers of Nations Sample Excerpts: Excerpt 14

Fathers of Nations Excerpts. Excerpt 1 questions

FATHERS OF NATIONS SAMPLE EXCERPTS

EXCERPT 1

Fathers-of-nation-excerpt-1

Read the excerpt below and answer the questions that follow. (25 marks)

"Then, answer my question."

"l see I had totally misjudged you, Ms. McKenzie." He had seen a Iamb: vulnerable. Now he saw a lioness: dangerous. "l thought you were a proper good-mannered journalist. Instead, I just see one of those fire eaters who confuse journalism with bad manners."

"Dr. Afolabi, you haven't answered my..."

"What joy do you get out of being rude to those you interview? You like watching them explode from anger and then bleed, is that it? Fine, but we have just met? What did I do that offended you?"

"Let me put my question another way, Dr. Afolabi; Why did you come to this summit?

"Correction: I didn't come; I was invited. That means presidents wanted me here, Repeat: presidents. They saw merit in the book you dismiss as pessimistic and wanted me to assure them that Way Omega agrees with it. So who cares what you think? What do you know about books, anyway? Let me tell you something else, Ms.

McKenzie..." He changed his mind-a voice inside him was saying he had become too defensive. "On further thought, let me not. I don't think I have to defend my book before anyone, least of all before a third-rate reporter for the Zambian News:

"Gambian, she said.

'Whatever!"

"All right, Dr. Afolabi. Now can you think through your book and give me an example, a specific example, on which Way Omega agrees with your book?"

'Yes, I can."

a)      'Then answer my question.' Which question has Ms. McKenzie asked Dr. Afolabi? (2 marks)

b)      Dr. Afolabi says that he does not think he has to defend his book before anyone. What is the title of his book? (1 mark)

c)      From the information in this excerpt, describe the character of Dr. Afolabi. (6 marks)

d)      Using clear illustrations, identify two styles used in the excerpt. (4 marks)

e)      What is Dr. Afolabi's role during the heads of state summit? (2 marks)

f)       From what Dr. Afolabi explains to Ms. McKenzie, describe what Way Omega entails. (3 marks)

g)      What happens immediately after this excerpt? (3 marks)

h)      Give the meaning of the following words as used in the excerpt. (4 marks)

(i)      Vulnerable

(ii)    Pessimistic

(iii)  Defensive

(iv)  Third-rate 

Excerpt 1 Questions Excerpt 1 Answers Excerpt 2 Questions Excerpt 2 Answers Excerpt 3 Questions Excerpt 3 Answers Excerpt 4 Questions Excerpt 4 answers Excerpt 5 Questions Excerpt 5 Answers Excerpt 6 Questions Excerpt 6 Answers Excerpt 7 Questions Excerpt 7 Answers Excerpt 8 Questions Excerpt 8 answers Excerpt 9 Questions Excerpt 9 Answers Excerpt 10 Questions Excerpt 10 Answers Excerpt 11 Questions Excerpt 11 Answers Excerpt 12 Questions Excerpt 12 answers Excerpt 13 Questions Excerpt 13 Answers Excerpt 14 Questions Excerpt 14 Answers Excerpt 15 Questions Excerpt 15 Answers Excerpt 16 Questions Excerpt 16 answers Excerpt 17 Questions Excerpt 17 Answers Excerpt 18 Questions Excerpt 18 Answers Excerpt 19 Questions Excerpt 19 Answers Excerpt 20 Questions Excerpt 20 answers Excerpt 21 Questions Excerpt 21 Answers

5 comments

  1. Thank you
  2. Much welcomed
  3. I appreciate..
  4. thank you
  5. Is there a way to download?

Copyright ©Top English Notes - All rights reserved.

All Rights Reserved Top Englishnotes