Need one-on-one English help? WhatsApp Admin NOW!

Excerpt 17: Fathers of Nations Sample Excerpts with Answers

I expected to see an academic scarecrow dressed in jeans. Instead, I see a well- dressed man who might well be a business person...

EXCERPT 17 Fathers of Nations Excerpt Questions

fathers-of-nations-excerpt-17-questions
Read the extract below then answer the questions that follow
s:  

Cute as a button and sharp as a needle, he thought. Her eyes were wide and white like a pair of moons. She continued. "My natural parents were Gambian, but I will never see them. are dead. Oh, well." She wriggled in her chair. "Goodness me, what am I doing? Dictating my autobiography?" She waved that idea away. "Let's talk business now, shall we?" She pulled out of her handbag a small device then switched it on. "Mind if I start recording?"

"You're a reporter?" He had not thought she was.

"Yes, for the Gambian News."

"I see. Now, how can I help you, Ms Mckenzie?"

"I'd like to ask you a few questions, if I may."

"Yes, you may. In fact, why don't I start you off? My name is Abiola Afolabi, which you seem to know already. But you can just call me Abiola, my first name. Take it from there."

"I will: you studied at Harvard University in the USA. Now you teach at the University of Ibadan in Nigeria." She smiled. "I got that from the cover of your book: Failure of States." He averted his eyes to enjoy this fame in the correct manner— with humility, he hoped she would easily see through. This black Scotswoman surely knew her tread, he thought.

"when I heard you were heard at The Seamount Hotel, Dr Afolabi, I decided to come and see you. So here I am. This is also funny."

"Funny?"

"Yes. I expected to see an academic scarecrow dressed in jeans. Instead, I see a well- dressed man who might well be a business person..."

Fathers of Nations Excerpt 17 questions

a)      Explain what happens immediately g) Explain the meaning of the following before this excerpt. (4 marks)

b)      Identify and illustrate two aspects of style in this excerpt. (4 marks)

c)      Discuss one theme evident in this excerpt. (2 marks)

d)      Discuss two-character traits of Fiona in the excerpt. (4 marks)

e)      Briefly explain what happens what happens after this excerpt. (2 marks)

f)       How are Afolabi's thoughts in his book fulfilled later in the book? Briefly explain(4marks)

g)      Explain the meaning of the following words as used in the excerpt. (5 marks)

i)        Averted

ii)      Autobiography

iii)     Wriggled

iv)     Tread

v)      Menacingly

Excerpt 1 Questions Excerpt 1 Answers Excerpt 2 Questions Excerpt 2 Answers Excerpt 3 Questions Excerpt 3 Answers Excerpt 4 Questions Excerpt 4 answers Excerpt 5 Questions Excerpt 5 Answers Excerpt 6 Questions Excerpt 6 Answers Excerpt 7 Questions Excerpt 7 Answers Excerpt 8 Questions Excerpt 8 answers Excerpt 9 Questions Excerpt 9 Answers Excerpt 10 Questions Excerpt 10 Answers Excerpt 11 Questions Excerpt 11 Answers Excerpt 12 Questions Excerpt 12 answers Excerpt 13 Questions Excerpt 13 Answers Excerpt 14 Questions Excerpt 14 Answers Excerpt 15 Questions Excerpt 15 Answers Excerpt 16 Questions Excerpt 16 answers Excerpt 17 Questions Excerpt 17 Answers Excerpt 18 Questions Excerpt 18 Answers Excerpt 19 Questions Excerpt 19 Answers Excerpt 20 Questions Excerpt 20 answers Excerpt 21 Questions Excerpt 21 Answers

Post a Comment

Copyright ©Top English Notes - All rights reserved.

All Rights Reserved Top Englishnotes