For Online Tuition WhatsApp Admin NOW!

Sample Imaginative Composition: Darkness eventually covered the entire village like a blanket.

sample imaginative composition

sample-imaginative-composition
Imaginative Composition.

Write a story beginning with:

“Darkness eventually covered the entire village like a blanket...”

Darkness eventually covered the entire village like a blanket on a cold July night. On a normal night, we would have lit a bonfire to keep us warm, but the day was different. We had to crawl and crouch in the dark while keeping watch all the time.

From my vantage point, I vividly recalled the events that had led us to such a state. It had started as a rumour of an impending attack before spreading far and wide in the village. This had forced all the older adults and children to flee from the village in a huff. I and a few young men had decided to lay wait in the village and watch over whatever remained.

My stream of thought was suddenly interrupted by distant but distinct voices of an approach. The others heard it too. “Shhhhhh!” Soon the distant rumble turned to a quickly-paced gallop of a harras of horses. They all would have passed us unnoticed had our grazing dogs not betrayed us. All the hell broke loose.

Being outnumbered and outpaced, our only chance of survival was to take off on our heels. We quickly ran off in different directions. No matter how fast I ran, I was trailing behind the others. As we dashed for cover, a sharp pain pierced through my right leg. I stumbled and fell headfirst. I had been hit.

I’m not sure of what I said or did, but I do remember Myson, my immediate neighbour’s son, bending over me and reassuring me “David, you’ve been hit... we shan’t leave you here.”  Everything happened so fast. Myson quickly hoisted me on his massive shoulders and quickly ran off with me. We ran through thorns and bushes as I poorly drifted in and out of consciousness.

“Stop!” A stern voice jolted me back to full consciousness. Out of the blue, we were both illuminated by powerful beams of light. A clicking sound followed as I gasped fearing for the worst. We had fortunately fallen into the safe hands of police officers. I quickly changed hands and in no time, I was safely laid out in an ambulance and offered first aid.

As we left for the hospital, I rejoiced at the unmistakable humming sounds of a fleet of police vehicles growing fainter and fainter as they headed towards our village. I was lucky to be alive.

1 comment

  1. It was going to be a wonderful day

Copyright ©Top English Notes - All rights reserved.

All Rights Reserved Top Englishnotes