For Online Tuition WhatsApp Admin NOW!

5 ways of beginning a great imaginative composition

How to begin an Imaginative Composition
how-to-write-an-imaginative-composition

A blank page and a pen in hand are all that a student requires to generate a great imaginative composition in just a few minutes. However, this is not always easy. To many students, beginning an imaginative composition is the hardest part of imaginative composition writing. This article looks at some of the best and most creative ways of beginning to write a great imaginative composition.

Some of the creative ways in which a student can begin to write an imaginative composition include:

1. Beginning an imaginative composition with a speech

“Money belongs to the government but your life is yours, your family's, friends' and all those connected to you. Any decision that you make will be met with regrettable consequences.” The masked man said while pointing what appeared to be a revolver and shot towards the roof once... (This is a good introduction for a composition based on a robbery witness)

“... as the best student in academics this year.” I couldn’t believe my ears. All the eyes were quickly directed towards where I sat. Steadily, the guest of honour started walking from the dais towards me... (This is a good introduction for a composition about a prize-giving day)

“I wish to ask this again, is there anyone who holds anything that may stop these two from becoming one?” The silence that ensued was deafening. “If no one, I hereby...” The reverend was untimely interrupted by thunderous footsteps that quickly hurried towards the pulpit. I instinctively turned to the shock of my life... (This is an example of composition about a wedding that one attended)

2. Beginning an imaginative composition with a question

What was I thinking? Why had I done it? I wish I had listened to my mother. But as it was, it was impossible to turn back time... (This introduction fits a composition that ends in a bitter lesson)

Have you ever been in such great pain that you only wish to die? That was my immediate wish as I lay down prostrate, bleeding profusely from a gash that almost robbed my hand clean from the elbow... (This introduction can fit a composition featuring an accident)

Have you ever had a feeling that you are about to commit the biggest of your life? That is exactly what I felt as I sheepishly followed him... (This introduction can fit a variety of compositions such as a kidnapping case or bitter lesson)

3. Beginning an imaginative composition with a description

The man, seemingly irritated, grabbed my hand and half-dragged me towards the rugged staircase at the edge of the deserted corridor....  (This introduction can fit a composition about being kidnapped or robbery)

I tiptoed towards the shut door and quickly inserted the bunch of keys that I had taken from his pocket one after the other. After several panicky attempts, the door swung open. I cautiously walked through the long unlit hallway half walking and half running but barely touching the ground. I was almost through the hallway when suddenly... (This introduction can fit a composition based on an escape)

4. Beginning an imaginative composition using a dialogue

“Shhhhhh,” Said Tonny as he crossed his finger across his giant zipped lips, “Did you come with the sack?” “I’m Sorry I dropped it along the way...” I instantly regretted uttering these words because no sooner had they left my mouth... (This introduction can fit a composition that features bad company tales)

 “Where have you gotten all this?” Marie, with a tone betraying urgency asked.   “Hop in and let’s get moving, questions later” I responded beckoning her to get on board. But before she could... (This is an open introduction that can fit in a variety of compositions but can generally be applied to compositions about celebrations or a party).

5. Beginning an imaginative composition by describing a character

Gibson, my late grandfather was a very old man. Being so old, his life contained a mixture of wisdom and mystery... (this introduction can fit a biographical composition)

My English teacher is my role model. He likes wearing official khaki pants and occasionally spots a striped tie from his wide collection... (The introduction fits a descriptive composition featuring a particular person)

As we have already seen, there is a variety of ways to begin an imaginative composition. It is worth remembering that nothing captivates the reader more than a well-crafted introduction in imaginative composition writing. Students should therefore strive to craft a great introduction for their imaginative compositions.

For a sample imaginative composition,

Imaginative Composition.

Write a story beginning with:

“Darkness eventually covered the entire village like a blanket...”

1 comment

  1. Love and sexy imaginative compositions should be there

Copyright ©Top English Notes - All rights reserved.

All Rights Reserved Top Englishnotes